The newly formed U.S. National Committee for UNESCO's International Hydrology Program (IHP) will host a regional meeting in the Spring of 2007.
The U.S. National Committee for the International Hydrological Program will:
* Provide programmatic advice to IHP
* Assist in supporting other UNESCO water resources activities
* Represent US domestic and international water activities to UNESCO
* Support IHP training, research, and capacity building efforts from a U.S. perspective
* Recommend and support the participation of other US water programs in the IHP
* Advise the U.S. Government on its participation in UNESCO and the IHP.