Click here to go to the IFSP website.
UNESCO's International Forum on the Social Science – Policy Nexus has broken new ground in connecting social science research to policy. The Forum was organized in conjunction with the Governments of Argentina and Uruguay, the municipalities and universities of Buenos Aires, Córdoba, Montevideo and Rosario, and with the support of a wide range of academic, policy, and NGO partners. The Forum was held on 20-24 February 2006.
The Forum included:
* 25 workshops on “Global Issues and Dynamics” in Buenos AiresComment: The importance of evidence based policy making can not be overstated. Countries have unprecedented oportunities for growth and development, but face increasingly complex challenges and increasingly rapid economic and social change. There has been a gratifying growth in social science research since the creation of UNESCO, but there is a huge gap between the scientists and policy makers. This initiative by UNESCO's Social and Human Sciences program is a much needed step toward bridging that gap. JAD
* 35 workshops on “Social Policies” in Buenos Aires
* 15 workshops on “Population and Migration” in Cordoba (Argentina)
* 7 workshops on “Regional Integration” in Montevideo
* 14 workshops on “Urban Policies and Decentralization” in Rosario (Argentina)
Read the final report of the Forum.
Read the final Declaration made by the participants in the Forum.